Natural Born Vitality is all about tapping into the vitality that you were born with. Unlike fitness which gives all the power over to the gym, or the class, the yoga pants or the many other distractions to health, we teach an identity of strength, adaptability and good nature. When you identify as Vital, you are accessing and adopting a deep belief in your ability to thrive.
At Natural Born Vitality we:
2. We target the nervous system through Neuro-mapping. This means we use movement, sensory awareness, and imagery to communicate with the nervous system. This mapping indicates safety to the Nervous system, releasing inhibitions and prompting flow-like states and performance.
3. We develop and harness the power of the mind. This is what separates humans from most creatures. It is our super power and when utilized correctly, the benefits are magnificent.
The result of practicing Primal Movement, Martial Arts and Nature Connection is an unadulterated relationship to your original vitality and the movement and patterns of relating humans have practiced since the beginning.
Know how to move with strength, mobility and finesse, protect yourself and direct your thoughts and you will experience an undeniable sense of aliveness that can't be experienced artificially.
Primal Martial Arts was and continues to be developed by Sage and his students as an education of self, the nervous system and somatic movement. It is a blend of natural movement, martial arts (including Filipino weapons) and tai chi.
It was developed as a way to bring out the calm and relaxation of yoga, with the dynamic strength and mobility of Primal Movement, and the deep intention and self empowerment that martial arts is renowned for- all in one practice.
Its foundations are built upon these 3 pillars:
1) Vitality lifestyle... a functional movement practice that needs no mat, special clothing or space. It's designed to adapt to your life, so you keep moving and live vitality, not just in a class!
2) Therapeutic movement exercise... Not only do you get a vibrant, toned and graceful body, you relieve stress and anxiety so you can normalize confidence and connection.
3) Brain Gym... the practice is targeted to tune up the nervous system. By speaking a language of safety that is familiar to the brain, reaching your goals, getting better results faster, and experiencing more flow is possible.
4) Own Your Space... That is right. Peace is all good, but nature can be tough. And it turns out that it is tougher on people who look like or feel like victims. Not you. Self preservation is an inherent right, that will stop bullying, minimize disempowering self talk and accidents.
Join us in person or look at ways to learn online!
My name is Sage Petersen. I am a life long martial artist, athlete, and a second generation movement coach. After serious injuries and even more remarkable recoveries, my approach is one of trusting in the Vitality Naturally Born inside of each of us.
I specializes in functional movement patterns and mindset training to build strength and mobility, healing from injuries, and renewing a scattered nervous system. All of this can be applied in daily life. The result is youthful movement into old age. I use my intuition as well as my studies and certifications in:
I believe indeed there is more to life than the eye can see and the body and movement are our greatest expressions of what is present within us. Mastery of our own mind and body are worthwhile paths and can best be explored through Martial Arts, Movement, and Nature connection!
As a Vitality coach, former Wilderness Therapy Guide and national champion in Tae Kwon Do sparring (representing Colorado:), I practice to embody what I teach. I know what it takes to be a high performer, to maintain a lifestyle of balance and to live in a way that honors life.
My greatest hope for my Sacred Livelihood is that I can be a beneficial presence that supports you in living a vibrant, more balanced life, so the Earth and all its inhabitants can also thrive!